Celebrating Equestrian Sport and Community Partnerships
Traverse City, MI —Traverse City Horse Shows (TCHS) is thrilled to invite the community to an Oryana Social on July 25 from 4:30–6 pm. Hosted by Oryana Community Co-op on their outdoor patio at their 10th Street location, the event will allow community members to meet representatives from TCHS and gain insight into equestrian sport. The event will also offer the chance to connect with six local non-profit organizations partnering with the horse show through the Charity Ticket Program.
“We thank Oryana for hosting us and providing this opportunity to engage with the community,” said Gary Howe, Marketing and Communications Manager at Traverse City Horse Shows. “Whether you’re an equestrian enthusiast or new to the sport, join us and learn more about the unique events happening at Flintfields Horse Park. This is a chance to meet the people behind the scenes and support local organizations doing amazing work.”
TCHS is honored to feature a lineup of outstanding local non-profit organizations during the Great Lakes Equestrian Festival. As part of its commitment to the community, TCHS donates 100% of the general admission ticket sales revenue to non-profit partners weekly.
The public can learn more about the program and purchase tickets for their associated events at the Oryana Social. The non-profits present will include Cherryland Humane Society, Grass River Natural Area, Paddle Antrim, Traverse Area Recreation and Transportation Trails, Traverse Bay Children’s Advocacy Center, and District 3 Michigan 4-H Horse & Pony.
“We are delighted to host this exciting event,” said Kirsten Harris, Marketing and Communications Manager at Oryana. “The Traverse City Horse Shows bring immense value to our region, showcasing the thrilling world of equestrian sport and supporting non-profit organizations in Northern Michigan. We invite everyone to join us, connect with the community, and celebrate the wonderful partnerships that make our region thrive.”
Oryana will provide delicious snacks and beverages, including kombucha on draft. Oryana is located at 1260 E Tenth St in Traverse City.
For weekly schedules and to buy tickets for of ticketed events, see the list below or visit the TCHS Eventbrite site.
Great Lakes Equestrian Festival, July 5–August 13
- Sunday, July 23: $77,300 Grand Prix benefiting Interlochen Center for the Arts
- Saturday, July 29: $25,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby Dudley B. Smith Equitation Championship benefiting Cherryland Humane Society
- Sunday, July 30: $145,100 Grand Prix benefiting Little Traverse Bay Humane Society
- Friday, August 4: $200,000 Major League Show Jumping Team Class benefiting Grass River Natural Area & Paddle Antrim
- Saturday, August 5: $226,000 Major League Show Jumping Grand Prix benefiting Traverse Area Recreation and Transportation Trails
- Saturday, August 12: CaptiveOne Advisors $77,300 Grand Prix & NAYC U25 GP Freestyle (Dressage) benefiting Traverse Bay Children’s Advocacy
- Sunday, August 13: NAYC Young Rider Final (Jumping) benefiting District 3 Michigan 4-H Horse & Pony.
*TCHS partners with local non-profit organizations through its Charity Ticket Program, donating 100% of general admission ticket sales to support their important causes.
And, Save the Date for Tournament of Champions, August 30–September 17
- Sunday, September 3: Southern Arches $77,300 Grand Prix benefiting Traverse Bay Pony Club
- Sunday, September 10: $145,100 Grand Prix *Non-Profit TBD
- Saturday, September 16: $200,000 Major League Show Jumping Team Class benefiting Accelerate the Cure
- Sunday, September 17: $500,000 American Gold Cup Grand Prix benefiting Accelerate the Cure