Weekly Competitions Support 15 Diverse Non-Profits
Traverse City, MI — Traverse City Horse Shows (TCHS) proudly announces the expansion of its innovative Charity Ticket Program for 2023, striving to make an even more significant impact on the Northern Michigan community. As a unique venture in equestrian events, TCHS will donate 100% of general admission ticket sales from each major competition at Flintfields Horse Park to a different local non-profit. After a successful inaugural year, raising $30,000, TCHS aims to increase that figure to an ambitious $50,000 in 2023.
TCHS has joined forces with various non-profit organizations, each reflecting a distinct cause in Northern Michigan. From education and the arts to animal welfare, environmental conservation, health, and wellness, TCHS’s commitment to community enrichment is embodied by these partnerships.
Audra Jackson, Director of Community Relations for TCHS, said, “Our innovative Charity Ticket Program allows us to contribute to the community in a unique and exciting way. The broad spectrum of causes represented by our selected non-profit partners aligns with our commitment to support various facets of Northern Michigan’s vibrant community.”
The Student Support Network, administered by Traverse City Area Public Schools, will inaugurate the season on June 11 at the $77,300 Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel Grand Prix. This organization provides crucial educational and non-academic support to students aged 3-20, helping them overcome barriers to learning.
Ginger Smith, Executive Director of Marketing & Communications for TCAPS, said, “Our partnership with Traverse City Horse Shows Charity Ticket Program not only raises funds for our student support efforts but also strengthens our engagement with the community, showcasing the importance of supportive services for all students.”
Join TCHS in supporting these worthy causes while experiencing world-class equestrian competition. The 2023 season promises 13 weeks of exciting competition featuring FEI and National-level jumper, hunter, and equitation events. Premier events this summer include the FEI North American Youth Championship, Major League Show Jumping, and the iconic American Gold Cup.
Visit the TCHS website to buy tickets and help make a difference in your community. “Every ticket purchased is an opportunity to enjoy Olympic-level sport and contribute to your favorite organizations,” said Jackson.
For more information and to buy tickets, visit: TICKETS.
2023 Major Competitions and Non-Profit Partners
- Sunday, June 11: Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel $77,300 Grand Prix benefiting TCAPS Student Support Network.
- Sunday, June 18: 4G Surfaces $145,100 Grand Prix benefiting Albion College.
- Saturday, June 24: $100,000 WCHR Hunter Spectacular benefiting Veterans Inspiring Veterans/Reining Liberty Ranch.
- Sunday, June 25: $145,100 Grand Prix benefiting Veterans Inspiring Veterans/Reining Liberty Ranch.
- Sunday, July 9: Meijer $145,100 Grand Prix benefiting Project Feed the Kids
- Sunday, July 16: $145,100 Grand Prix benefiting Hospice of Michigan Foundation.
- Sunday, July 23: $77,300 Grand Prix benefiting Interlochen Center for the Arts.
- Saturday, July 29: $25,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby Dudley B. Smith Equitation Championship benefiting Cherryland Humane Society.
- Sunday, July 30: $145,100 Grand Prix benefiting Little Traverse Bay Humane Society.
- Friday, August 4: $200,000 Major League Show Jumping Team Class benefiting Grass River Natural Area & Paddle Antrim.
- Saturday, August 5: $226,000 Major League Show Jumping Grand Prix benefiting Traverse Area Recreation and Transportation Trails.
- Saturday, August 12: CaptiveOne Advisors $77,300 Grand Prix & NAYC U25 GP Freestyle (Dressage) benefiting Children’s Advocacy Center.
- Sunday, August 13: NAYC Young Rider Final (Jumping) benefiting District 3 Michigan 4-H Horse & Pony.
- Sunday, September 3: Southern Arches $77,300 Grand Prix benefiting Traverse Bay Pony Club.
- Sunday, September 10: $145,100 Grand Prix *Non-Profit TBD.
- Saturday, September 16: $200,000 Major League Show Jumping Team Class benefiting Accelerate the Cure.
- Sunday, September 17: $500,000 American Gold Cup Grand Prix benefiting Accelerate the Cure.
Interested? If you’re interested in participating in our 2024 Charity Ticket program, fill out the form below. We’ll notify you when applications become available, which is usually in January.