A Six-Week Presentation of World-Class Equestrian Competition
Traverse City, MI – Traverse City Horse Shows (TCHS) announces the return of the Great Lakes Equestrian Festival (GLEF), presented by CaptiveOne Advisors. Held at the scenic Flintfields Horse Park in Williamsburg, GLEF is a captivating six-week equestrian competition. From July 5 to August 13, each week showcases top-tier competitors in FEI jumping, national and international hunter derbies and culminates with the prestigious FEI North American Youth Championships.
“It’s our ninth year presenting the Great Lakes Equestrian Festival,” said Matt Morrissey, Event Director at Traverse City Horse Shows. “Each year, these six weeks have grown in numbers and level of competition. Perhaps more importantly, we continue to add improvements to the experience to offer both an engaging sporting event and an unforgettable family-friendly experience.”
Spectators will witness the extraordinary talents of riders from around the world while enjoying a relaxing atmosphere that includes a children’s play area and food and beverage merchants, and they can visit vendors row for unique shopping.
GLEF offers an unmatched experience for equestrian enthusiasts and newcomers alike. Take in the thrill of show-jumping competitions and the elegant grace of hunter derbies. Two events cap off the series.
First, in the penultimate week of GLEF is the fast-paced excitement of Major League Show Jumping (MLSJ) from August 3–6. Traverse City proudly shares the honor of hosting MLSJ with elite equestrian venues in Canada, Mexico, and across the U.S., solidifying its reputation as a top-tier equestrian destination. MLSJ is likened to Formula 1 for being fast-paced and action-packed.
In the final week, one of the most prestigious events of GLEF is the FEI North American Youth Championships (NAYC) during GLEF VI from August 9-13. This international event attracts talented young athletes from over a dozen countries. These future stars of equestrian sport compete in various disciplines following the Olympic format.
“It is a privilege to host NAYC once again,” said Morrissey. “These young athletes from across the continent bring exceptional talent and passion to the show. We invite the community to embrace and support these rising stars as they showcase their skills and proudly represent their nations. Even if you cannot attend the championships, join us in giving them a warm reception, making them feel welcome in the community as they experience Northern Michigan.”
For weekly schedules and to buy tickets for of ticketed events, see the list below or visit the TCHS Eventbrite site.
Great Lakes Equestrian Festival, July 5–August 13
- Sunday, July 9: Meijer $145,100 Grand Prix benefiting Project Feed the Kids
- Sunday, July 16: $145,100 Grand Prix benefiting Hospice of Michigan Foundation
- Sunday, July 23: $77,300 Grand Prix benefiting Interlochen Center for the Arts
- Saturday, July 29: $25,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby Dudley B. Smith Equitation Championship benefiting Cherryland Humane Society
- Sunday, July 30: $145,100 Grand Prix benefiting Little Traverse Bay Humane Society
- Friday, August 4: $200,000 Major League Show Jumping Team Class benefiting Grass River Natural Area & Paddle Antrim
- Saturday, August 5: $226,000 Major League Show Jumping Grand Prix benefiting Traverse Area Recreation and Transportation Trails
- Saturday, August 12: CaptiveOne Advisors $77,300 Grand Prix & NAYC U25 GP Freestyle (Dressage) benefiting Traverse Bay Children’s Advocacy
- Sunday, August 13: NAYC Young Rider Final (Jumping) benefiting District 3 Michigan 4-H Horse & Pony.
*TCHS partners with local non-profit organizations through its Charity Ticket Program, donating 100% of general admission ticket sales to support their important causes.
And, Save the Date for Tournament of Champions, August 30–September 17
- Sunday, September 3: Southern Arches $77,300 Grand Prix benefiting Traverse Bay Pony Club
- Sunday, September 10: $145,100 Grand Prix *Non-Profit TBD
- Saturday, September 16: $200,000 Major League Show Jumping Team Class benefiting Accelerate the Cure
- Sunday, September 17: $500,000 American Gold Cup Grand Prix benefiting Accelerate the Cure