Traverse City, Mich. – Mar. 29, 2021 – The management team at Traverse City Horse Shows (TCHS) is thrilled to be host the 2021 USHJA Young Jumper Championships. Set to take place during the Traverse City Tournament of Champions and the Silver Oak Jumper Tournament, running September 8-12, riders, owners and breeders will have the opportunity to showcase their young jumpers and compete at the national level. The championship will award prize money through 15th place and will offer incentives and bonus prize money for United States breeders and American-bred horses.
Debuting for its first time in 2021, the USHJA Young Jumper Championships will serve as the national championship for young jumpers in the United States. It allows the opportunity for owners, riders and breeders to showcase their talented young jumper prospects at one of the largest and most sought-after equestrian venues in North America.
The competition will offer separate championships for horses aged 4-8 years old. Four-year-olds will compete in a Style and Jumping Championship, including a first qualifier and final round at the .90m height. Horses aged 5-8 years old will compete over a three-round format that features first and second qualifiers. The final round will include a 1.15-1.40m jumper class based on each age section, as well as a consolation classic for horses not competing in the final.
As part of the championship program, USHJA will also offer a U.S. Breeder and Owner Incentive. While enrollment is required for all horses participating in the Championship, the Incentive is for breeders and owners enrolling three or more horses foaled in the United States to receive a discount on the enrollment fees. The purpose of this enrollment incentive is to allow breeders from around the country the opportunity to showcase more than one talented young horse. All breeders and owners participating in the Incentive must prove that each horse was foaled in the U.S., which includes breed and sport horse documents that state the breeders or owners name and place of foaling.
Enrollment for the 2021 USHJA Young Jumper Championships is now open!
Annual enrollment: based on a horse’s age and is determined by the birth year, regardless of day and month.
• Style and Jumping Championship: January 1-until the start of the Championship – $100
5-, 6-, 7- and 8-Year-Olds
• Early Enrollment: January 1 until June 30 of the current competition year – $150
• Middle Enrollment: July 1 until 45 days prior to the start of the Championship – $300
• Late Enrollment: 44 days until 24 hours prior to the start of the Championship – $750
U.S. Breeder and Owner Enrollment Program:
Early Enrollment: January 1 until June 30 of the current competition year
• First three horses (required for participation in Enrollment Incentive) – $450
• Additional one to three horses – $75/horse
• Each additional horse after six – $50/horse
Middle Enrollment: July 1 until 45 days prior to the start of the Championship
• First three horses (required for participation in Enrollment Incentive) – $900
• Additional one to three horses – $150/horses
• Each additional horse after six enrolled – $100/horse
Late Enrollment: 44 days until 24 prior to the start of the Championship
• All horses – $750